Burnett Medical Centre provides pre-employment medicals for individuals and companies alike, including some of the largest mining companies in Australia.
What is a Pre-employment medical assessment?
Pre-employment medical assessments are a workforce risk management tool used to screen individuals for risk factors that may limit their ability to perform a job safely and effectively. Burnett Medical Centre offers comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations, pre-placement and periodic medical assessments that can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Whatever the industry, the health and safety of your staff is essential and is key to optimising company productivity.
The benefits of conducting pre-employment medical assessments include:
- A safer working environment,
- Reduction in workplace injuries,
- Minimised downtime,
- Reduction in WorkCover claims and insurance costs,
- Matching the capacity of the employee with the role, and
- Overall recruitment cost and risk reduction.
BMC’s pre-employment medical examination usually includes the following components:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Full musculoskeletal examination including comprehensive range of movement
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
Other specific pre-employment medical examination requirements may include:
- Audiometry (hearing test, including WorkCover WA audio compliance)
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Drug and alcohol testing (instant or laboratory)
- Work fitness assessments (otherwise known as functional capacity evaluations)
- Statutory and code of practice screening
- Health surveillance screening
Should you require a pre-employment medical, please phone our staff on (07) 4151 2608 to arrange an appointment.